People don’t plan to get injured at work, but it’s an unfortunate reality that thousands of South Africans will be injured at work each year. Physiotherapy @ Work aims to manage a balanced system, one in which all stakeholders are equally considered; whereby the client is effectively and efficiently rehabilitated and returned to appropriate and safe work.
- On site client risk assessments / screening
- Injury prevention education / training
- Health and wellness promotion
- Ergonomic assessments and correction
Injury on Duty / Return to Work management through:
- Appropriate client assessment as soon as possible post-incident.
- Appropriate client treatment and rehabilitation management as indicated.
- Appropriate referral to multidisciplinary team.
- Assessing and certifying a client’s capacity / capability to work and then establish a process to enable the worker to undertake as much of their usual activity / work as possible.
- Effective management of barriers / facilitators of return to work.
- Engaging the employer in returning the client to a safe and suitable work activity, taking into consideration expected healing times of injury.
- Organise appropriate review dates for each client.